What Is Savings By Design?
Savings By Design (SBD) is Californiaʼs nonresidential new construction energy efficiency program, administered statewide and funded by Utility customers through the Public Purpose Programs surcharge applied to gas and electric services.
- Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E)
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
- San Diego Gas And Electric (SDG&E)
- Southern California Edison (SCE)
- Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas)
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Download the Savings By Design Program Handbook (PDF 396 KB).
This statewide approach offers the nonresidential building industry a multi-faceted program designed to consistently serve the needs of the building community throughout California. Savings By Design encourages energy-efficient building design and construction practices, promoting the efficient use of energy by offering up-front design assistance supported by financial incentives based on project performance.