What is SBD?
Savings By Design (SBD) is California’s nonresidential new construction energy efficiency program, administered statewide and funded by Utility customers through the Public Purpose Programs surcharge applied to gas and electric services. Participating utilities include:
- Pacific Gas & Electric Company (PG&E)
- San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E)
- Southern California Edison Company (SCE)
- Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas)
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
Projects participating in Savings By Design receive services including design assistance, Owners Incentives, Design Team Incentives, and Energy Design Resources. Services begin in the project design phase and continue through construction completion.